About the Role
As an Employment Broker, you will make a difference in the lives of our customers who are near work ready by placing them into sustainable employment. You will need to provide an end to end professional recruitment service to customers and employers. You will be required to build and maintain relationships with our customers and employers.
You will be regularly out and about visiting local businesses to identify vacancy opportunities therefore, a current driver’s licence is essential for this role.
This role is being offered on a full time, fixed term contract ending 14 February 2020 with a possibility of an extension. Working Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5pm.
What we're looking for
- Candidate with an enthusiastic, friendly and focussed attitude to be able to deliver professional customer service;
- You will have exceptional communication skills with proven ability to build positive relationships among a diverse range of job seekers and employers;
- Be an engaging and dedicated team player collaborating with your colleagues to ensure individual targets and team goals are achieved;
- Case management experience and ability to reverse market customers to employment opportunities;
- High attention to detail with strong time management skills to be able to manage a complex administration work load;
- Interest in running group sessions (eg. job search and training);
- Knowledge of the local labour market and the needs and expectations of employers;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills and ability to listen to feedback;
- Ability to work with culturally or linguistically diverse people, Indigenous clients, ex-offenders, youth and disadvantaged groups; and
- Intermediate to high level administrative skills including ability to type at a minimum of 30 wpm.
Workskil Australia promotes a positive team culture where high performance can thrive. We value excellent customer service, integrity and honesty in our employees. If you have a genuine passion for working with those in need, an ability to meet individual targets and can contribute to a strong team then we'd love to hear from you.
In return for your truly valued contribution we will support your ongoing career development and offer a friendly, supportive & innovative environment for you to thrive.
Workskil Australia is a national not-for-profit and charitable organisation, with over 35 proud years of supporting Australians to achieve sustained economic and social self-reliance. We do this by providing a range of employment, work experience, disability, youth, Indigenous and community services across New South Wales, South Australia, Western Australia and Victoria.
We work hard every day to:
- Meet the labour needs of business and industry through quality recruitment services at no cost.
- Assist businesses with diversifying their workforce.
- Provide specialist employment and community services to people seeking work, including people with mental illness, injury or disability and Indigenous Australians.
- Deliver work experience projects to the community.
Our values remain at the heart of everything we do and strive to conduct our business with the highest degree of care, integrity, respect, honesty and service, while demonstrating teamwork and leading by example. We believe that the care, respect and high level of service we give to all of our customers is our key point of difference.
Watch this short video from our staff about what its like to work at Workskil
A competitive salary will be negotiated commensurate with skills and experience. As Workskil Australia is a public benevolent institution, we can also offer a portion of the salary through tax effective salary packaging.
Visit the careers page on www.workskil.com.au or via the Apply link below. Please combine your cover letter and resume together in one file as either a pdf or word document ready to upload.
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges.
Workskil Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly welcome applicants who identify as Indigenous or have a disability.
No Recruitment Agencies Please